10 Things to Do in Fairhope
I love Fairhope. If you know me, you’d know this. I am a lifelong, proud resident and graduate of the, “old” Fairhope high school. I just wanted to take a minute to share some of my favorite things to do in Fairhope. And, of course, you will notice that I am a “foodie”! Make time to appreciate what our area has to offer and the “charming-ness” of Fairhope.
- Christmas Tree Lighting – This is a must! In Downtown Fairhope @ Section and Fairhope Avenue. This won’t disappoint. It is scheduled, this year, for November 16 from 5:30 – 8:00.
- The Grand Hotel – You have to take time to spend at least 1 night here. My husband and I make it a point to visit the historic hotel at least once a year, sometimes twice or more. We usually go during the warmer months because we like to swim in the pool, hang out @ the beach and walk the walk-way amongst Fairhope’s most beautiful homes. Their food is to die for! Schedule a facial or massage – either will NOT disappoint (and don’t forget to ask for a mimosa while you wait in the quiet room).
- Downtown Fairhope Gift & Specialty Shops – Fairhope is known for it’s charm and beauty. When you visit our local shops and restaurants, you will be greeted by locals with lots of southern charm.
- First Friday Artwalk – And, speaking of downtown, head out the first Friday of every month to the art walk. I love to check out the vendors and some food vendors participate as well. You will run into your family, neighbors, people you go to church and work with – just a great time.
- Mardi Gras – One thing that I absolutely LOVE to do is go to the Mardi Gras parade in Fairhope. Check out the website for the 2018 schedule at the city’s website: http://www.cofairhope.com/about-us/calendar-month-view
- Windmill Market – Since I previously admitted that I am a food-junkie, I am also willing to tell you that on many occasions I have frequented MaryAnn’s Deli in the Windmill Market. Great lunch food!
- Fairhope Inn – Also a great place to eat is the Fairhope Inn. You can rent a room or get a reservation for only dinner (filet is fabulous). I’ve been to several events in the courtyard (class reunion, wedding reception, party…) and I’ve had a great time EVERYTIME.
- Sunset – Our sunsets in Fairhope are like no other. Just go see. I love watching it from the Grand Hotel, the Fairhope Pier or just walking along the bay on the sidewalk. Breathtaking.
- Fairhope Municipal Pier – This pier is a spot for many things: the rose garden, the water fountain, the fishing, the sunsets, Shux restaurant, sailing, canoeing, paddle-boarding, dog-walking. Also, there is a beach there; and, for a minimal fee, you can picnic there, swim and hang out with the ducks.
- Arts and Crafts – In the Spring, Fairhope hosts a huge event down the streets in Downtown Fairhope. There are food vendors, entertainment, so many booths with arts and crafts from locals and craftsman from far away. I do not miss this one EVER.